PREMIUM ROUTER CARVED MDF DOORS
Woodgrain's Design Collection MDF Doors are made of medium density fiberboard (MDF) and include both 1-3/8" and 1-3/4" doors available in panel, bifold and fire-rated doors. Design Collection MDF doors offer infinite design options by combining cutting edge technology and old-fashioned craftsmanship. Not simply an MDF producer, Woodgrain uses its well-honed techniques from decades of wood door manufacturing to build a better door.
Design Collection MDF doors offer:
- Exceptionally smooth surface for excellent paint adhesion
- Unlimited design options, including most graphics and text
- Resists shrinkage, expansion or warping
- Environmentally friendly
- SureEdge design
Design Collection MDF doors with expanded polystyrene (EPS) core offer several advantages:
- 40% lighter than the standard 2'6" x 6'8" MDF door
- Easier to handle and hang
- Exerts less stress on the hinges
- Improve sound transmission properties
Router Carved MDF Interior Door, Design Collection
Bifold doors available
20-, 60- and 90-minute Fire Doors available
Fire rated doors are available in 1-3/4" thickness only.
Height: 6'8", 7', 8', Width: 1' - 4', Thickness: 1-3/4", 1-3/8"
PROFILE & PANEL OPTIONS
Standard MDF Door
Low Profile (L)
High Profile (H)
THE DESIGN COLLECTION MDF DOORS
The Design Collection is factory-primed with a state-of-theart automated priming system. Every door is delivered with two coats of acrylic base latex primer, applied at a rate of four-mill thickness and sanded after each coat. Each door is ready to accept its final paint finish in your choice of color using either water- or solvent-based enamel.
Precision Routing Technology provides crisp lines.
THE SUREEDGE ADVANTAGE:
SureEdge solid wood edge band is a feature in each MDF door. Installed in each stile, the SureEdge system allows maximum screw holding power and ease of hinge mortising.
|>550 lbs.||>475 lbs.||>400 lbs.|
|Woodgrain Premium MDF Door
with Radiata SureEdge
SCREW HOLDING CAPACITY
The Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) has established a performance-based standard to judge the screwholding capacity of doors for use in commercial settings. The current standard (I.S. 1A) contains three classifications of "Duty Level." In independent tests conducted at Washington State University, Woodgrain’s Premium MDF doors made with a Radiata SureEdge outperformed the "Extra Heavy Duty" level with more than 45% greater screw holding capacity.
WDMA suggested uses for "Extra Heavy Duty" doors: classroom, patient room, public bathroom, dorm room, auditorium entry, detention/correctional, bullet-resistant, gymnasium/locker room, surgical entry, assembly area, and trauma center.
Suggested uses for "Heavy Duty" doors also include: assisted living entry, office, stairwell, hospitality, and apartment/condo entry.
Because Woodgrain doors are crafted with only the finest materials, and preprimed, all you have to do is prepare the door for the application of a high quality paint.
Your Woodgrain door has been handcrafted to last for years to come. But, like any fine piece of furniture, its finish will require, periodic maintenance to keep it looking great and provide proper protection against the elements. Regular finish maintenance is also a requirement of the warranty that is included with every Woodgrain door. Here are some signs to watch for that may indicate it is time for maintenance:
- Hairline cracks in the top coat of finish.
- Changes in the color of the finish.
- Changes in the texture of the finish, such as flaking or scaling.
- Dullness or chalkiness in the finish. If you live in a severe climate or your entry receives a lot of direct sunlight from a southern or western exposure, you will want to examine your door’s finish often. Depending on these conditions, you may also need to refinish the door more frequently.
- Do not walk on any door units. Some units contain glass.
- Avoid dragging doors across one another.
- Keep doors clean.
- Store doors flat on a level surface in a dry, well ventilated interior space.
- Doors should be conditioned to average prevailing relative humidity of the locality before hanging. This generally takes 48 to 72 hours.
- Doors should be delivered to the building site only after the concrete, plaster, stucco, sheet rock work and paint are completely dry.
- Doors should not be subject to extreme or rapid changes in heat or humidity. Avoid sudden changes such as forced heat to dry out a building.
- If the doors are to be stored on the job site, all ends and edges must be sealed with quality oil-base sealer in order to prevent undue moisture absorption. Preparation for Finishing
- Before applying the first coat of finish: thoroughly sand the entire surface of the door with 5/0 (180 grit) sandpaper. This crucial step helps remove handling marks, fingerprints, possible water or liquid marks (if exposed during shipping or while on the job-site during the construction phase) and evenly prepares open wood pores to help produce a more uniform finish.
- Clean door thoroughly with a cloth after sanding to remove all dust or foreign material. Avoid using compressed air to blow off door as moisture or oil in the air may cause spotting. Avoid using caustic or abrasive cleaners.
- Hang door before finishing it, then remove it to finish properly.
- All surfaces of the door must be properly finished. The edges (top, bottom and sides) should be coated with each and every coat of finish that is applied to each face of the door.
Woodgrain Limited Warranty Information
Woodgrain Doors (hereafter Seller) doors are warranted to be of sound material and workmanship and to be free of manufacturing defects which would cause the door to be unfit for ordinary recommended use for the period of twenty-four (24) months on interior doors and twelve months (12) on exterior doors from the date of shipment provided the handling, installation, and finishing instructions listed below are followed. Failure to follow these guidelines voids the warranty.
Normal characteristics of kiln dried wood include but are not limited to, minor swelling and shrinking of parts made from wood, raised grain, minor pitch pockets, natural grain and color variations. Natural expansion and contraction of wood occurs with variations in climatic and atmospheric conditions such as humidity and temperature and is not a defect hereunder.
Warp in the plane of the door itself will be considered a defect only if it exceeds one-quarter inch (1/4”) when measured as a deviation from a straight edge. Doors over 3-0 wide or 7-0 high are excluded from the warranty against warp. Improper hanging of the door or unsquare door frames are not considered as defects.
Any doors used in an exterior application must be at least 1 ¾” thick and must be installed under an adequate overhang. An adequate overhang depends on the typical weather conditions of the site where the building is located. This means an overhang of 50% of the height of the doorway in Northern or Eastern exposures (reference illustration where Y= Height of the Doorway and X = Length of Overhang). For severe exposure extreme Southern, Southwestern and Western exposures the overhang must equal the height of the doorway (Y=X) where Y = Height of the Doorway and X = Length of Overhang.
Any doors found to be defective by the Seller will be repaired or replaced, or the purchase price will be refunded at the option of Woodgrain Doors, provided the handling, installation and finishing instructions have been followed.
An extended warranty period is granted solely for seal failure on insulated glass unites (moisture between glass) for a period of ten (10) years from the date of manufacture. At Seller’s sole discretion, the replacement door or glass will be shipped FOB from the Woodgrain Doors factory. Seller will not, under any circumstances, be liable for installation, refinishing or painting. Cracked, scratched or broken glass is not covered by this warranty. The glass warranty will be void if the product is not properly installed according to Sellers installation instructions, or is used in or around swimming pools, saunas, sprinkler systems or greenhouse enclosures; or if installed over 5,000 ft. above sea level unless units were ordered with high altitude breather tubes. The warranty on doors will be void if the product is used in or around swimming pools, saunas, sprinkler systems or greenhouse enclosures. No agent, employee or representative of Seller has any authority to bind Seller to any affirmation, representation or warranty concerning Seller’s products, except as expressly stated herein.
The foregoing is in lieu of all other expressed warranties. All implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are hereby limited in duration up to the two-year period stated herein. The liability of Woodgrain Doors is expressly limited to replacement or repair of the defects of the door, or refunding at its option. Woodgrain Doors will not be liable for any other expense, injury, loss or damage, whether direct or consequential, arising in connection with the sale or use of, or inability to use, any product of Woodgrain Doors, for any purpose. No purchaser shall be entitled to consequential damages as defined in the Uniform Commercial Code. Final determination of whether or not a defect exists shall be made solely by Seller in accordance with procedures established by Seller.