TruStile Difference / Construction
The Architecturally Correct Door
TruStile doors are made with authentic stile and rail construction. We wouldn’t think of routing or stamping a door. Each TruStile door is made-to-order with perfectly proportioned components, created individually to ensure that every door is architecturally correct, regardless of size.
All doors are not created equal. The figure illustrates the timeless advantage of TruStile’s authentic stile and rail construction. All door components can be customized and combined to create the style you desire, while the construction method gives each door crisp, architecturally-correct lines.
TruStile MDF Doors
The best possible door for painted applications, TruStile paint-grade doors use only super-refined MDF, providing unrivaled smoothness and finishing.
TruStile MDF: TruStile pioneered the use of medium density fiberboard (MDF) as a preferred material for painted door applications, realizing its many advantages over alternative materials like natural wood. Since we introduced our MDF doors to the market, we’ve seen many impersonators.
What is MDF?
MDF is an engineered wood product made from recycled and recovered wood fiber. The durable and homogenous construction of MDF resists warping, cracking and splitting and outperforms natural wood doors for painted applications.
Cross section showing TruStile MDF door construction
- Made to order and built to any size and style.
- Built with genuine stile and rail construction — never routed or stamped.
- Made with solid, super-refined MDF that provides a smoother painting surface than pine, poplar or lower-grade MDF alternatives.
- Engineered for maximum stability and durability — won’t shrink, expand or warp when exposed to environment.
- More affordable than wood doors.
- Third party certified by Scientific Certification Systems to contain 75% recycled content, making them ideal for Green building.
Built to Your Exact Specifications
Every TruStile door is made to order, each built to the exact style and size you require. TruStile still builds its MDF doors using traditional stile and rail construction, a method usually reserved for wood doors. Our solid MDF doors are never routed or filled with cheap core materials like those of our competitors. Instead, each door is constructed to provide superior, architecturally correct details and an unequaled finishing surface.
Perfect for Painted Doors
Why paint an expensive wood door? MDF doors are ideal for painted applications and make an affordable alternative to wood doors. The super-refined MDF TruStile uses provides a smoother painting surface than pine, poplar or lower-grade MDF alternatives. Each MDF door has been engineered for maximum stability and durability. They won't shrink, crack, expand or warp when exposed to environmental conditions.
TruStile MDF doors have been SCS certified to contain 75% recycled content — qualifying them for LEED credits on Green building projects. Our use of low VOC primers and adhesives keeps levels of emissions far below standards. To further reduce emissions, no-added formaldehyde MDF may be specified for those who demand it.
TruStile® is innovator, not imitator. That’s why TruStile® pioneered the use of MDF (medium density fiberboard) as a preferred material for painted door applications due to its advantages over alternative materials like natural wood. Since TruStile® introduced stile and rail MDF doors to the market, we have seen many impersonators. Here’s why you should demand authentic TruStile MDF doors for your project:
TruStile® MDF doors are the only ones built with solid MDF and authentic stile and rail construction.
- Not routed and filled with cheaper core materials like most MDF alternatives
- Designed to provide superior, architecturally-correct details
- All doors come with a limited lifetime warranty
TruStile® use only super-refined MDF, providing unrivaled smoothness and finishing.
- Never constructed with cheap, low density fiberboard like many alternatives
TruStile® offers any custom design or size with short lead times.
- Not limited to a few styles and standard sizes
- No up-charge or extended lead times
MDF is comprised of recycled post-industrial wood products such as hog wood chips, wood shavings and even MDF fiber
What is MDF and what are its advantages?
- MDF is an engineered wood product made from recycled and recovered wood fiber
- More environmentally friendly than wood doors
- More stable and durable than wood doors
- Smoother surface for painting than natural wood
- More affordable than wood doors