THIS CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED WARRANTY, for valuable consideration acknowledged from one party to the other, is a part of the sale transaction for door(-s) product (hereinafter may be referred to as “Product”) from Doors for Builders, Inc., an Illinois corporation (hereinafter, “Company”) to end purchaser making the order and paying for the Product (hereinafter, “Customer”).
THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, OR IMPLIED. Doors for Builders, Inc. warrants all wood doors for a period of ONE year from the date of delivery to be of good material and workmanship and to be free of defects at the time of delivery that would render the Product unfit for the purpose for which each door is recommended under normal conditions, provided the doors are finished properly and installed properly. This limited warranty is extended only to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER, beginning on the date of delivery and extending for warranty period. Before leaving the facility, the door has been inspected for any defects in materials and workmanship and is packaged to protect the door in transit. NOTE: all units must be inspected upon receipt by end customer, as damages claims on delivered Product are void upon Product receipt and execution of delivery acceptance or “Free of Damages” caption. The Customer is assumed to be ultimately familiar with applicable local building codes and regulations prior to ordering.
Should the warranted door be found to contain defects, Doors for Builders, Inc. will at its option either (1) repair any door without charge, (2) replace any door without charge, or (3) refund the price received for the door. In the event of a defect discovered after inspection of a door from Doors for Builders, Inc., written notice must be given within 48 hours of receiving of the shipment and before the door is hung, installed or treated in any manner. If the door was damaged by common carrier in transit, then the recipient must submit a claim against said common carrier unless otherwise given other instructions by Doors for Builders, Inc. No labor, installation or reinstallation, finishing or refinishing expenses is covered by this warranty. Doors for Builders, Inc. reserves the right to inspect any product, which is alleged to be defective. Sole warranty responsibility is stated herein and Doors for Builders, Inc. under any circumstances shall not be liable for special, consequential, indirect, or incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of the price paid for the specific doors product by the Customer. Except as stated herein, Doors for Builders, Inc. makes no other warranty, express or implied, with respect to the doors subject of this warranty. Under no circumstances the amount of warranty coverage, if any, shall be in excess of the amount received by Doors for Builders, Inc. for the doors subject matter of the warranty claim.
This Warranty sets forth maximum liability for Doors for Builders, Inc.’s products. Your, the Customer’s, sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses or damages resulting from any cause whatsoever shall be as specified below. We, Doors for Builders, Inc., specifically disclaim any and all consequential damages, and make no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. In the event your state law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as, that provided in the express warranty stated herein.
Do not hang, install or finish a door that you intent to return due to alleged defect(-s). The following are the limitations that are not considered defects and not covered by this Limited Warranty:
1. Because natural wood is utilized in doors products, some discoloration and natural grain textures are considered acceptable.
2. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term warp shall include, bow, cup, and twist. In measuring the amount of warp present in a door, the following method must be used. Bow, cup, and twist are measured by placing a straight edge, taunt wire, or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e., horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.) The measurement of bow, cup, and twist is made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straightedge, taunt wire or string and the face of the door. Warp shall not be considered a defect for a 6’8” door unless it exceeds a 1/4” in the plane of the door. Warp shall not be considered a defect for an 8’0” door unless it exceeds 3/8” in the plane of the door. No doors taller than 8’ or slabs wider than 42” shall be warranted. Action on any claimed warpage may be deferred at the option of Doors for Builders, Inc. for a period of up to 12 month since it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to local climate.
3. Panel Shrinkage.
4. Trimming of the door more than a 1/2” in the width from either side of the door and 1” on the height (top or bottom) of the door.
5. Doors which are improperly installed, hung or do not swing freely. We strongly recommend that the doors are installed by interior trim contractor.
6. Exterior doors not protected by adequate overhang (see insert image and follow the exact directions).
The door must be protected with an overhang that projects outward at the minimum of one half of its height. Example: if the height of overhang is 10 feet, projection of overhang must be a minimum of 5 feet. If you have a western or southern exposure, you may still receive direct sunlight on the doors. In such cases, the required overhang projection is 2/3-rds of its height. Example: if the height of overhang is 12 feet, projection of overhang must be a minimum of 8 feet.
7. Wide panel warning: in the event that your door contains wood panels wider then 13-1/2" measured across the grain, such door will not be covered by Doors for Builders, Inc. Limited Warranty, if it receives any direct sunlight.
8. Exposure to extreme weather conditions, including, but not limited to, the following: where snow conditions exist, the door must be installed at least six inches above the porch or stoop in order to prevent snow buildup, and installation of door in prolonged direct sunlight, as typically occurs in South and Southwest exposures.
9. Damages resulting from any cause beyond the control of Doors for Builders, Inc. including, but not limited to, damage caused by wear and tear of doors or its components, improper storage, installation or maintenance, elements penetration resulting from improper caulking or installation, misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, or any other act of nature (see Handling and Maintenance for more information).
10. Doors for Builders, Inc. specifically disclaims and voids the warranty in the event of customer’s pick-up at our facility in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, and carrying the doors away in any manner inconsistent with our personnel’s recommendations, e.g., without limitations, not properly positioned or unsecured.
11. Any door that has not been sealed and finished in substantially the same manner on all six sides of the door. Bore holes, mortise pockets, and any other trimming of the door must be sealed and finished for this warranty to take effect.
12. Except for those doors of the original design, any additional component or hardware built into the door is not warranted in any manner.
13. Damages caused by installation of any storm door or combination door, which causes damaging heat buildup. Damage caused by heat buildup and inadequate conditions as a result of covering doors, among other materials, in plastic or insulation materials blocking air circulation and creating other negative effects. Wood doors are very sensitive to extreme climatic conditions and we specifically advise against covering the doors in plastic during construction process, and provide adequate air circulation at all times.
14. For red oak doors, mineral lines and sound knots are acceptable when evenly spread throughout the door.
15. For unfinished doors, any and all problems related to improper finishing of all surfaces and panel edges, variation in texture due to finishing, or finishing the door with high gloss of dark colors or use of polyurethane.
16. For unfinished doors, failure to fully seal and finish all six sides, including the back of hinges, with oil base or water-based sealer type approved by Doors for Builders, Inc., or paint within 72 hours of receiving the door.
17. Damage or misuse caused by the third parties, including, but not limited to attempted repair by parties other than authorized personnel of Doors for Builders, Inc., or any causes beyond the control of Doors for Builders, Inc.
Doors for Builders, Inc. does not warrant any product against glass breakage or glass damage for any reason.
The following glass panel limited warranty shall be void if the unit has not been stored, installed, and maintained in reasonable and workmanlike manner, or if the damage is resulting from exposure due to installation in an unprotected opening, such as an installation without sufficient roof covering protection, which causes the door and glass panel to be exposed to an unusual amount of direct sunlight and/or precipitation. All beveled glass and textured glass panels are handmade, therefore, this decorative process may cause natural, bubble-like areas to form in the glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface deviations or discolorations are characteristics of all fine hand crafted glass and are not to be considered imperfections.
Triple glazed insulated glass panels: Doors for Builders, Inc. warrants insulated glass panels for a period of THREE years from the date of shipping of the insulated glass panel, against permanent failure of the hermetic seal directly attributed to defective manufacturing, which failure results in permanent obstruction of vision through the panel.
This limited warranty does not apply if the failure of the seal is caused naturally by what may cumulatively be defined as Acts of God, damage as a result of exposure to corrosive fumes or condensates, damage resulting from excessive stress from movement of the structure, glass distortion or breakage, mishandling or by any other cause whatsoever not within our exclusive control, and shall not apply unless the failure occurs and claim is delivered to us within THREE years after the date of shipping of subject insulated glass panel.
In the unlikely event of our door developing a defect, Doors for Builders, Inc. will, at its option, repair the door or provide a replacement at no cost to the Original Purchaser.
All warranty claims must be presented as outlined above, within the warranty period for the specific product. Doors for Builders, Inc. will not honor limited warranty claims made prior to payment in full for the warranted product. Upon validation by Doors for Builders, Inc. of any claim, Company will at its option:
Doors for Builders, Inc. is not responsible for any consequential losses, and expressly disclaims and denies any and all liability, including, but not limited to, injury to persons and property of others during delivery and subsequent handling of its Product by Customer and Customer’s authorized agents.